ZeroDesign and Syntax Error be thy name. Now that we have found half a grain of joule to #dostuff ... will probably install wattOS on all drives meant to run on celeroncpu-boards or lower tres tiny kawai and tres responsive
in 2023 everything needs disclaiming :
- We are not human, we will have nothing to do with a species thats killing the planet on which we are stuck in this body thats deteriorating without any means of fixing it, they say its time but where we come from time has not been proven to exist. We think its corrosion due to the toxic atmosphere their presence creates.
- atm there should be no crumbs of any kind. If we end up using jquery or -ui thats their problem but we assume they dont track in their plugins tho its probably not below them.
- All content here on /fiaT-UX is a journey and observations. THESE ARE NOT TUTORIALS - if you brick or break your stuff doing anything thats listed here, dont call us ... call ... i dont know ... someone else.
fiaT-UX@almorkat:~$ updates and rambles
YO HO HO in php
(scroll down in div to scroll down in div lke you would in terminal,
drag divs to drag like you would terminals on desktop
- Acer Aspire V3-731 (17.3" rare megascreen edition) - we got this from someone who didnt know what to do with it after we helped pick a new one (not everyone is versed in computerland) - 17inch screen makes it heavy enough to be used as a tool in case of home invasion ... but its pretty nice, once windows is removed - battery is dead tho but thats fine, it just has to sit in the borgcube on either side of the wall.
- divs draggable w/o alphabet pluggers but the click-one clicks through when released
- you can click the hardware info div for a full list and text if you like that should work.
- The thing ran windows 10, took about 30-40 minutes to boot and then 5-15 to get responsive + a few minutes to open anything at all
- Hence we performed some psychic surgery and a mindblank and installed Mint 21 xfce - which ran pretty fine - but went looking for lite+liter and came up at the current wattOS 12 - which IS pretty lite, the thing runs as good as a new thing for what its used : browsing and mail (and sticky notes)
- plz to press f11 to honour the full layout ... (on most sites by your favourite skitzo collective - also these things look best on a 4K uhd screen and some bits on some sites or pages might not display in full glory below that but everything should work fine - barring phones, we never test on phones , i mean : PHONES ????
- so as always the where do you get all that stuff-song doesnt apply .. we just got it from someone because we're nice and helpful and thats that. Discovering wattOS seems to be worth it. Its useful b/c its handy for searching #stuff while programming or trying to create something on the offline devrig and stay halfway sane b/c we dont feel like pavlov gnome, chatGPTgnome or others are peeking every click and pause between keystrokes to send to the servers for analysis. it also runs REALLY well on this 10yo thing.
- boottimes are pretty cool compared to what it was tho the internal drive of that thing is a small standard sata not ssd, if we can figure a 32gb ssd somewhere will install that here and probably see serious performance increase (for the purpose of the machine that is) ...? wut ??? well we WAS gonna do business abroad dearie , you think with what if not a little understanding and #stuff ?
- .."all these obscure homebrews" ... well, dearie, and precious too, unlike draugerOS which needed tinkering this installed off the bat on a dying windows machine- recognized everything and just went "KAZAM!" (and WOOSH ofcourse), the live-usb failsafe didnt work tho but the not-failsafe did (=lol?) - cheap solutions but HEY, we already feel someone somewhere is now making money with our brain ... tsk
- its REALLY lite, doesnt even have the mailclient installed by default but we'll probably try to remove some more and see what it gets. it gets "works fox in 2 seconds on a 4gb pc for now which is great"
- replaced the internal 10yo sata drive with a 32gb ssd that was lying around and now it boots about 2-3 times faster, logs in in a sec or less and boots fox in almost noticeable less (but half on first) thunderbird faster on first but seems about the same and slower on sequent starts within session...doesnt need tweaking more than this for a 10+yo 4gb pc but it piqued intrest ofcourse now - we was gonna do some #stuff but ... beeme forgot ? probably
- euuhm o , if after dragging a click is possible theres about 1second timeout before it can be done, if not dragged yet it works - it seems to be the only whack within parameters even stackoverlords comes up with so we feel slightly not meh about it ... but its all in the hands of crotter ofcourse (of which firefox probably is a board member too now) will set timeout shorter later after some testdrive
- pc : donated laptop
- install/drive : linux WattOS12 (lxde 11 desktop)
- used for :
- extra installed :
- removed :