ZeroDesign and Syntax Error be thy name. Now that we have found half a grain of joule to #dostuff ... used the original drive from the laptop with wattos installed, plugged it into babybox - it runs
in 2023 everything needs disclaiming :
- We are not human, we will have nothing to do with a species thats killing the planet on which we are stuck in this body thats deteriorating without any means of fixing it, they say its time but where we come from time has not been proven to exist. We think its corrosion due to the toxic atmosphere their presence creates.
- atm there should be no crumbs of any kind. If we end up using jquery or -ui thats their problem but we assume they dont track in their plugins tho its probably not below them.
- All content here on /fiaT-UX is a journey and observations. THESE ARE NOT TUTORIALS - if you brick or break your stuff doing anything thats listed here, dont call us ... call ... i dont know ... someone else.
fiaT-UX@almorkat:~$ updates and rambles
YO HO HO in php
(scroll down in div to scroll down in div lke you would in terminal,
drag divs to drag like you would terminals on desktop
- This is the baby-itx board that was used for the devrig before we got the Xeon-server-disneylandlevel board for free (thx for that - its good to see people throw away perfect stuff i wish they dropped everything that worked here sadly i cant sell it b/c that would be taxorism, but i CAN accept it if its a gift, THANKS!) - stuck back in its original baby itx case. (Back when this was a system where disneyland-people would say "its only a hundred dollars" and we were like OMG WE CAN AFFORD THIS (for testing#stuff and #stuff)
- divs draggable w/o alphabet pluggers but the click-one clicks through when released
- you can click the hardware info div for a full list and text if you like that should work.
- This drive/install is kept minimal its the drive that was originally in the laptop, even if its 10+ years old theres nothing critical on it so if it crashes we have a booboo but no dataloss (unlike that WD-purple 5YEARS made for 24/7 security high level use that dropped 20cm and all 2terabytes is gone ...) in essence the 16gb for this is overkill but we consider systems per drive/install, not per case/rig the install runs on. (b/c we are weird ...)
- plz to press f11 to honour the full layout ... (on most sites by your favourite skitzo collective - also these things look best on a 4K uhd screen and some bits on some sites or pages might not display in full glory below that but everything should work fine - barring phones, we never test on phones , i mean : PHONES ????
- boottimes are abit low ... aka "a bit rubbish" all things compared but its not an ssd drive - considering the supersmall footprint wattos has and 16gb of ddr4 once booted the thing runs like that lube you got from that store one time when the wife said ... well lets try that once ...
- .."all these obscure homebrews" ... we'll be looking for something especially built/compiled for the exact purpose but just like mint worked fine on this, wattos works even finer for what it needs so until then - its not like we dont know what to do (theres also DEN AFWAS)
- wish we found this one sooner - its really lite and colourful - but take one look at distrowatch ... if wind-OS was that open it wouldnt be as heavy as a mammoth trampling your cycles
- here we put up some "what resources used during (sitting on the desktop / playing vid / ... ) to show that the apollo 11 mission didnt need another terabyte and can sit on a desktop with 0%cpu use if nothing is done
- basically "sitting on the desktop uses 0% cpu (!) and about 400mb of memory (makes those 16gb overkill but this is a poor people testbox so many drives will be attached with different installs before the sun goes nova - baby itx is about the size of one of those intel mini-rigs for people who live in disneyland with a moneytree but it costs about zit, using a pico-psu at max 90w - the thing usually doesnt go over 60watts peak (that peaks, not prolongued) , almost as good as a steamdeck. Playing a dvd (we rip our own dvds so as not to wear them out - (HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE ON A BLU-RAY BOX? its like they say o but this is something we cant remove from the server after you bought it so we'll charge you a second hand car for the right to repair. Signed "Crotter Brothers") goes low as 40% and doesnt seem to peak over 60% (peaks, not continu) and running a 1080p video from youtube (so as the server lag doesnt drag it down b/c probably no one has better servers than crotter) using a demoscene-demo vid (cuz colours and many changes so the decompresser/codec probably has its work cut out between frames) it sits low at 40%, average 60% and often ups to 70 for a sec with peaks at 80%). Video playback both doesnt eat more than 500mb of memory (all system/OS running included) on a celeron cpu ... so the Apollo 12 mission can take you to mars on a celeron. Case closed
- the video used for example is Trip to the Chip by The Solaris Agency
- in the process of more tweaking (we has a thingy now so everything has to move for the thingy) but actually its not needed we removed all bluetooth-related packages (b/c useless here), transmission-gtk (we only run torrents on windows when its booted, that way its used for SOMETHING and the client doesnt seem to linux much (bittorrent with the cryptocoin and all that) - - for the record : THATS isos with linux distros, gimp, software from foss and other stuff, sadly we have to disappoint trolls and even if we would we would certainly not be as stupid as to run a private movie server or whatever pr0n from home, thx.) and also removed the screensaver (this actually still comes with xscreensaver , which is a GREAT screensaver btw- especially with the xtra packages) but a bit odd since the name "wattOS" actually points at lo-energy use .. (=screensaver != lo , screen-off = lo but bem -its shiney) but it sits in memory, is not needed and for some reason jumps in during long videos ... it probably doesnt take away one fps but its not needed - we wanted to remove python but as it turns out the triffids have infected even linux so bad that if you remove python the system breaks (which actually means this (and all systems) are not maximum performance since they use python (FOR SYSTEM APPS) , not compiled-to-machinecode or pure ... (nitpicking you say, add another terabyte but the purpose of this ... first of all mental stability b/c it keeps our head drukkerland-free ... is to NOT add another terabyte , with prime example the laptop with 4gb booting in 20s and booting firefox in 3 and running it in 1 after ...
- pc : donated laptop
- install/drive : linux WattOS12 (lxde 11 desktop)
- used for :