ZeroDesign and Syntax Error be thy name. Now that we have found half a grain of joule to #dostuff, the internet said "DraugerOS is your best optimized for gaming linux distro!" and so here it is.
roam your hands and click on shiney or moving things to see things and stuff
in 2023 everything needs disclaiming :
- We are not human, we will have nothing to do with a species thats killing the planet on which we are stuck in this body thats deteriorating without any means of fixing it, they say its time but where we come from time has not been proven to exist. We think its corrosion due to the toxic atmosphere their presence creates.
- atm there should be no crumbs of any kind. If we end up using jquery or -ui thats their problem but we assume they dont track in their plugins tho its probably not below them.
- All content here on /fiaT-UX is a journey and observations. THESE ARE NOT TUTORIALS - if you brick or break your stuff doing anything thats listed here, dont call us ... call ... i dont know ... someone else.
fiaT-UX@almorkat:~$ updates and rambles
YO HO HO in php, drag divs and scroll in divs as you would in terminals on desktop where applicable
- Drauger 7.6 Strigoi needs install with some hiccups which we'll explain below
- divs not draggable yet but wed like to make do without jquery or jquery-UI for this one
- dead tired and sore, not sure if they're trying to normalize us with sleep deprivation again or simply trying to kill us. Whatever it is we dont function outside our biorythm - its too late for that.
- plz to press f11 to honour the full layout ... (on most sites by your favourite skitzo collective - also these things look best on a 4K uhd screen and some bits on some sites or pages might not display in full glory below that but everything should work fine - barring phones, we never test on phones , i mean : PHONES ????
- well this is the same gear as the one running windows and the one running mint 21 and tralalala (the wonderful world of pc's)
- since its gaming-only we cloned the drive to an ssd drive and used the original one for the backups the other one had - performance (of OS and boot) increased by magnitudes boot and desktop suddenly very fast. If this has to do with the massive swap partition it installs (on standar : erase (one) drive install or not : no idea.
- okay that should take care of the preliminaries, mostly styled within color limits and what not - we would like to remove the .png for actual text windows but as with all things this is about our mental stability in the middle of hell with no way out and theres no deadline to NULL euros either ... you can always ask questions by mail ( email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org ) we will very likely reply if you're not trying to sell something tho you can also rightclick since this is the internet, other questions , any questions, mail is the medium ... phones lie around and a chatterbox would only apply if we have a groupie to do the social shit or can pay someone for that .. thats that - also the steem window should mutate into something where you click the game and it gives the lowdown on performance ... dont wait up for it tho ... dont be shy if you wanna know something. Dont bother if you're fishing for money, we have none to spend.
- pc : best possible combo rig
- install/drive : Drauger0s 7.6 Strigoi
- used for : gaming (atm steam and only linux native steam games) - lutris, gamehub and the others seem a bit pointless since theres no games in it and the ones it detects from epic dont have a "runs on linux" version) at first glance
- the install didnt work off the bat and needed some tinkering
- we pick "erase drive" to do a standard install on one drive in the system
- the installer runs out just fine but on reboot it wont get to the GUI(x / xfce)
- moving to tty2 (ctrl-alt-f2 this is not a linux tutorial theres more than ample on that internet overthere if you really wanna it shouldnt be too far to go as this is not rocket science) shows a cursor blinking
- (you can check tty1 for the msg log where it told us "nvidia not found in /lib/modules/etc etc ...)
- as it turns out it takes "lightdm stop" (sudo ofcourse) to end that , but after reboot still no go
- the eventual solution was to purge all nvidia drivers
- "sudo apt remove --purge ndivia-*"
- "sudo apt autoremove --purge"
- reboot into a thing has like 1hz refreshrate (nouveau it says)
- then reinstall (in this case v525) the nvidia drivers again
- "sudo apt install nvidia-driver-xxx nvidia-driver-dkms-xxx" (in our case xxx=525, which atm of writing was the most recent but 510 still works fine on p2 mint 20.3 around the same gl2 benchmarks
- just that upped the framerate in solace crafting by about 5 avg compared to linux mint 21
- with the 525 drivers working draugerOS certainly seems to be the better choice over linux mint for linux-native steam games - the screen seems brighter and sharper too with the latest drivers and Solace (the game) runs faster , "feels" faster than the fps counter would indicate, the others already ran 60 fps and its a 60hz screen since we wouldnt know what to do with 140 hz without bionic eye implants so thats gud
- on top of that, not necessary but since we could, we cloned the drive to a same-size ssd drive (linux dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc status=progress) - CHECK YOUR DRIVES/DEVICES with "fdisk -l" or the GUI disks or gparted utility or similar , this pretty much doesnt have an undo button and also is best not done before breakfast if you cant leave the pc(s) running. The result is quite amazing, tho not necessary since all the games so far run fine (only linux-native have been checked) once in memory, the time to boot OS, start steam, or any browser and likely in-game for stuff like CIV or SMAC (not actually checked) is pretty much amazing. Ofcourse : caveat : the steem update method (the most recent one) will probably wear your ssds out faster since those have a set lifespan, with mechanicals its hard to tell tho wear and tear should be worse too ... but we dont consider gaming partitions and installs to be critical so that doesnt matter much. And also we no longer tend to buy early access (but it can happen) since a lot of scum uses that to make fast money and run, as well as AAA milliondollarstudios selling out fast and never finishing the product to the 100% mark. We basically try not to buy any game thats not out for at least a few months (if you game you should know why, heh .. theres no respect for the customer in millionnaire land, take valheim ofcourse .. they show it can be done for more in less AND grant you a good experience on top.
- ftr: we try to apt update and apt upgrade -y on every boot of draugeros (in terminal) - something we dont do a.o. on the install that holds the webserver and stuff, thats only every once and so (and also stil has 20.3 instead of 21 b/c the inline distro upgrade full seems to break among other things php - but since draugerOS is headon full experimental we try to keep up with every update, break or not. (rtfm : this is not a tutorial - this is our personaly experience with the stuff we have here on the scrapyard)
- installer didnt work b/c it hung on some "invalid NULL filename error".
seems to have fixed that, all stuff on the list updated after that ... (the devguy says on the site that you wont just get it for free as its more or less a one-man project for free before breakfast)
- - sudo flatpak --system repair
- - sudo flatpak --user repair
- doesnt work : additional drivers (that standard way to install or switch graphic drivers in the GUI. It gets some kind of python "missing EOL error" - "nonetype object has no attribute "EOL" - we dont speak python so we wont bother and wait for the next release.
Static hostname: tyrnannoght
Icon name: computer-desktop
Machine ID: 816ecab9eaf5422ea78c7214af1b6112
Boot ID: 97687a50e54c4c26a7b6a40f96ca505a
Operating System: Drauger OS 7.6 Strigoi
Kernel: Linux 6.1.11
Hardware Vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Hardware Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
jormuncat@tyrnannoght:~$ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Drauger OS 7.6 Strigoi"